Director of Care Management.
HealthRise is a dynamic healthcare consulting firm laser focused on revenue cycle management optimization and sustainable success. We hire and retain the industry’s top talent – we push boundaries and thrive on fierce conversations, which is why our track record is unmatched. HealthRise cultivates a culture of accountability; our team members aren’t satisfied with the status quo. We look for game changers who are driven by opportunity to grow personally and professionally, make money and feel empowered. A tech-enabled firm that stays ahead of the rapidly evolving healthcare industry, HealthRise deploys a Full Continuum approach that begins with an operational foundation, builds with our expert consulting and ends with relentless execution.
The Director of Care Management is accountable and responsible for the departments of Utilization Management and Care Management. The Care Management Director provides advisory-level support to ensure that patient care is facilitated, coordinated and integrated across the continuum in order to enhance patient and family engagement, and secure reimbursement. Additionally, this role assures that care coordination is outcomes-focused and is managed in a cost-effective manner to decrease length of stay, manage readmissions, obtain payer authorizations, and to effectively manage utilization review functions at the site.
Provide consulting services to partners in one or more areas of the healthcare revenue cycle, which includes:
- Oversees the quality of care coordination services rendered, ensuring efficient management of assignments, competency and educational needs of the Care Management staff.
- Effectively coordinates and controls resources to established client outcomes and management objectives.
- Provides day-to-day oversight of Care Management and other revenue cycle operations, ensuring all practices and programs are aligned with the overall strategic plan of the organization and follow best-practice standards.
- Identification of key metrics and benchmarks based on facility size and payer mix; provide consulting support and lead process improvement initiatives to meet benchmarks.
- Analyze payer denial data and conduct gap analysis to prevent and appeal denials to improve revenue.
- Identify issues with payer contracts and partner with managed care department to provide feedback.
- Form partnerships with clinical leaders and physician advisors to identify trends in clinical documentation and makes recommendations to improve.
- Conduct detailed review of current state processes and gap analysis from best practice and implement process improvements.
- Ensures all care management policies and procedures are being consistently applied within the department.
- Provides training to staff and addresses any gaps in policies and procedure that are identified.
- Establishes guidelines for safe and appropriate care planning by matching patient needs with appropriate services, delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare
- Sets direction for Care Management staff, ensuring accountability, quality outcomes, and follow-through.
- Evaluates patient care data to ensure that care is provided in accordance with clinical guidelines and organizational standards.
- Provides leadership and direction to direct reports.
- Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility.
- Completes corrective action plans on identified deficiencies and is responsible for creating, implementing, and monitoring changes and reporting outcomes.
- Works collaboratively with other areas of the revenue cycle to create a comprehensive patient care continuum supported by inter-departmental communications, documentation principles and management, and proactive participation in daily rounds, and stakeholder meetings.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
A Director must have vast experience in project and/or program management. He/she must possess outstanding communication, listening and interpersonal skills and be comfortable directing or challenging clients and coworkers. The successful candidate will be able to establish credibility and rapport quickly with a broad set of partner and internal team members. He/she will understand Care Management and will be able to drive strategic planning and change management activities in this area.
The ideal Director candidate represents and demonstrates our CORE VALUES:
- ALL IN– We all work collectively toward the same goal: brightening our company’s future.
- HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS– We are trustworthy and accountable, establishing strong, lasting bonds with our partners and each other.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT– We aim to improve every day, both personally and professionally.
- COMPETITIVE– We push and encourage each other to be the best, knowing our team becomes stronger when we strive for greatness together.
- EXCELLENCE– We aspire to get it right every time, delivering professional, high quality results.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Required
- Master’s degree in Nursing or Masters in related field Preferred
- Licensure/Certification: Active and valid Registered Nurse Licensure preferred
- Certification in Case Management preferred
- Epic expertise within the continuum of revenue cycle
- Solid understanding of revenue cycle workflow in the hospital environment (registration, scheduling, utilization review, coding, billing, contracting)
- A high degree of self-motivation, versatility and flexibility
- Ability to work closely with groups outside of your organization/control (i.e. consultants or clients)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
“Leadership believes – and actively demonstrates – that the people of HealthRise are the cornerstone of sustained growth and client satisfaction. Working here is electric.”
– Laura Stocks, Manager
“Every day, my team and I develop innovative solutions to meet our partners’ unique needs. I am challenged to think differently and consistently improve my skills and gain experience through the process. My work with the Volunteer Committee fills my need to be a part of a company that cares.”
– Emily Smith, Manager
“The minute I walk through the door at HealthRise, I feel the energy and enthusiasm this team has for each other and the work they do. I’m happy to not be in a cube crunching numbers. Instead, I am in the field, working with partners, building relationships and coming up with new solutions every day.”
-Ian Sullivan, Analyst
Driven to succeed? Here’s more Fuel.
Watch practical, inspired snippets from HealthRise CEO David Farbman, who talks about career challenges, how to face them down and ultimately come out stronger. Each video is two minutes or less and could be just the fuel you need to spark your own success.