Director of Revenue Cycle Data Analytics.
HealthRise is a dynamic healthcare consulting firm laser focused on revenue cycle management optimization and sustainable success. We hire and retain the industry’s top talent – we push boundaries and thrive on fierce conversations, which is why our track record is unmatched. HealthRise cultivates a culture of accountability; our team members aren’t satisfied with the status quo. We look for game changers who are driven by opportunity to grow personally and professionally, make money and feel empowered. A tech-enabled firm that stays ahead of the rapidly evolving healthcare industry, HealthRise deploys a Full Continuum approach that begins with an operational foundation, builds with our expert consulting and ends with relentless execution.
Directs and leads a team responsible for ongoing development, utilization and strategic deployment of analytical insights and methodologies for enterprise wide revenue cycle functions. Responsible for the strategic deployment of business intelligence tools to key stakeholders, including (but not limited to) Regional CFO’s; PBS VP’s; Revenue Excellence Leadership and system office senior leadership. Responsible for advising key stakeholders on trends or patterns in data that could warrant a change in course or issue escalation as well as how best to interpret these trends or patterns for effective and timely decision making.
Directs and leads a team responsible for creating and effectively deploying analytic tools to meet specific operational and strategic needs and also for overseeing the proper use of management and enterprise systems and data. Responsible for building a culture that allows the enterprise to better leverage data analytics and systematically influence change for operational excellence and also for ensuring appropriate standards, controls, and measures are in place.
Responsible for developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders and to fully understand strategic and operational business needs to ensure appropriate focus and prioritization to achieve top decile performance across Trinity Health. This position reports to the Vice President of Enterprise Revenue Cycle (RC) Performance Management and Support Services.
Directs and oversees system-wide data analytics and business intelligence through direct ownership of Trinity Health System Office, regional PBS, and local RHM data analytics, business intelligence and reporting needs, including but not limited to:
- On-going monitoring and trending of key operational, financial, and performance metrics;
- On-demand strategic analysis and/or custom reports;
- Predictive analytical models to proactively identify risks and opportunities, and
- Compelling visualizations (e.g., dashboards, presentations, charts) to illustrate trends and performance.
- Directs and oversees research and maintains current knowledge of competitive dynamics and analytical models in the market.
- Oversees data review, analysis, and audits, and collaborates with Revenue Excellence and vendor leadership to present findings, identify opportunities for improvements and/or cost savings, and pursue such improvements.
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Trinity Health Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Directs development of analytical insights and methodologies for all revenue cycle functions, including Patient Access, Health Information Management, Patient Financial Services, and Reimbursement throughout Trinity Health.
- Directs development of and continued relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to assess current and future utilization of analytical tools and data
- Leads collaboration with cross-functional teams to promote and provide data-driven solutions.
- Directs and oversees technology advancement initiatives, such as Robotic Process Automation (RPA).
- Directs and oversees the creation and maintenance of Revenue Health Scorecard, standard reporting, and coordination for OEI database.
- Directs, oversees, trains, mentors, and develops team of data scientists, data analysts and applications developers.
- Creates and maintains a culture supportive of personnel by fostering individual motivation, teamwork and high levels of performance and accountability utilizing a participative management style to ensure staff retention. Identifies action plans to improve the quality of services in a cost-efficient manner and facilitates plan implementation.
- Maintains professional development and growth through journals, professional local, regional and national affiliations, continuing education programs, seminars, and workshops to keep abreast of trends in revenue cycle operations and healthcare in general:
- Develops and implements an annual plan of personal and professional development.
- Serves in a leadership role and promotes positive Human Resource Management skills by fostering teamwork between business and clinical stakeholders and by recruiting, retaining, training, mentoring, developing and managing staff to achieve strategic objectives.
- Other duties as needed and assigned by the Vice President.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, Trinity Health’s Integrity and Compliance Program and Code of Conduct, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical, and professional behavior.
The ideal Director candidate represents and demonstrates our CORE VALUES:
- ALL IN– We all work collectively toward the same goal: brightening our company’s future.
- HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS– We are trustworthy and accountable, establishing strong, lasting bonds with our partners and each other.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT– We aim to improve every day, both personally and professionally.
- COMPETITIVE– We push and encourage each other to be the best, knowing our team becomes stronger when we strive for greatness together.
- EXCELLENCE– We aspire to get it right every time, delivering professional, high quality results.
- Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of end-to-end revenue cycle strategies and systems, for both hospital and MGPS operations as normally obtained through a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Mathematics or a related technical field and minimum of seven (7) years of revenue cycle operations, revenue metrics and analytics, or revenue management experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Broad-based and comprehensive knowledge of accounting systems and insurance issues, healthcare industry issues and trends, legal issues in field of expertise, required third party and governmental guidelines, and work processing methods and techniques.
- Ability to interpret, draw conclusions, and summarize financial and operational information to senior leadership through delivery of business case analyses that meet strategic and / or operational needs.
- Expert level skills with MS Office Applications: Microsoft Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. Knowledge and experience with statistical software i.e., SAS, SPSS, MiniTab, etc., and the ability to apply a working knowledge of Structural Query Language (SQL) and/or relational databases.
- Advanced analytical, evaluative and problem-solving skills to serve in an advisory role in inspiring and initiating new ideas, determining strategies in the absence of guidelines, fostering innovative approaches to situations/process/issues
- Advanced analytical, evaluative and problem-solving skills to serve in an advisory role in inspiring and initiating new ideas, determining strategies in the absence of guidelines, fostering innovative approaches to situations/process/issues.
- Mastery of data management systems, proficiency in predictive analytics, and knowledge of coding languages (e.g., excel-based Macro programming) preferred.
- Ability to create and maintain a culture supportive of personnel, fostering individual motivation, teamwork and high levels of performance and accountability utilizing a participative leadership style to ensure staff retention. Ability to identify action plans to improve the quality of services in a cost-efficient manner and facilitates plan implementation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively identify, assess and facilitate improvements and problem resolution and to present advisory, persuasive and authoritative recommendation to all levels.
- Must possess strong project facilitation skills and ability to lead meetings with diverse interests and needs.
- Ability to continuously learn and seek professional development and growth through journals, professional local, regional and national affiliations, continuing education programs, seminars, and workshops to keep abreast of trends in revenue cycle operations and healthcare in general
- Demonstrated experience serving in a leadership role and promoting positive Human Resource Management skills by fostering teamwork between business and clinical stakeholders and by recruiting, training, mentoring, retaining and managing staff able to achieve strategic objectives.
- Ability to collaborate with leadership as a credible, results-driven and valued business partner by engaging in proactive discussions and decisions around mission attainment, business performance, financial operations and impacts, negotiations, strategy and development of key programs and processes to identify and address current and future business and people challenges.
- Proven ability to effectively lead and manage team(s), including direct report(s), in ongoing operations and services against targeted performance indicators and budget. Proven ability to manage projects independently and to effectively lead team members by leveraging their contributions to accomplish project success. Experience deploying lean and / or six-sigma principles a plus
- Strong leadership, integration, and execution skills. Considerable experience in planning, formulating, and executing strategies. Ability to define programs, processes or business objectives and scope. Demonstrated proficiency and expertise to identify, evaluate and articulate operational opportunities, and risks, business needs/gaps, and understand customer/stakeholder interests.
- Strong interpersonal, consultative, relationship building and conflict management skills to initiate and develop productive, collaborative partnerships with all levels of leadership across the organization. Ability to foster relationships with colleagues built on sustainable trust to provide long-lasting, comprehensive advice and service on operational related issues. Ability to effectively influence results, garner support, and tactfully manage complex relationships within and across the organization. Extremely high level of diplomacy and tact are required. Ability to read the subtle nuance of situation and react/plan accordingly
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills leading a combination of direct and dotted‑line reporting relationships. Exhibits strong, collaborative leadership qualities that can bridge across multiple disciplines.
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals, and values of Trinity Health.
“Leadership believes – and actively demonstrates – that the people of HealthRise are the cornerstone of sustained growth and client satisfaction. Working here is electric.”
– Laura Stocks, Manager
“Every day, my team and I develop innovative solutions to meet our partners’ unique needs. I am challenged to think differently and consistently improve my skills and gain experience through the process. My work with the Volunteer Committee fills my need to be a part of a company that cares.”
– Emily Smith, Manager
“The minute I walk through the door at HealthRise, I feel the energy and enthusiasm this team has for each other and the work they do. I’m happy to not be in a cube crunching numbers. Instead, I am in the field, working with partners, building relationships and coming up with new solutions every day.”
-Ian Sullivan, Analyst
Driven to succeed? Here’s more Fuel.
Watch practical, inspired snippets from HealthRise CEO David Farbman, who talks about career challenges, how to face them down and ultimately come out stronger. Each video is two minutes or less and could be just the fuel you need to spark your own success.