Revenue Cycle Director.
HealthRise is a dynamic healthcare consulting firm laser focused on revenue cycle management optimization and sustainable success. We hire and retain the industry’s top talent – we push boundaries and thrive on fierce conversations, which is why our track record is unmatched. HealthRise cultivates a culture of accountability; our team members aren’t satisfied with the status quo. We look for game changers who are driven by opportunity to grow personally and professionally, make money and feel empowered. A tech-enabled firm that stays ahead of the rapidly evolving healthcare industry, HealthRise deploys a Full Continuum approach that begins with an operational foundation, builds with our expert consulting and ends with relentless execution.
The Director will work side-by-side with a hospital’s revenue cycle team to implement revenue cycle solutions. The Director will serve as the lead for driving HealthRise initiatives utilizing analytics to improve existing and future-state processes to achieve world class performance.
This position will require traveling to client sites four days a week and to our corporate headquarters in Southfield, Michigan. Location of the client site varies, so candidates must be flexible with travel.
Provide consulting services to partners in one or more areas of the healthcare revenue cycle, which includes:
- Patient access (scheduling, preregistration, insurance verification/financial counseling)
- Registration /Admission (ED, inpatient, outpatient, ambulatory)
- Patient financial services (charge capture, pre-billing, billing, follow-up, cash posting, account resolution)
- Project Management in an Epic EHR based project
- Decision support and analytics
- Familiarity with Physician Billing
- Identify client barriers in achieving operational excellence
- Understand client business metrics and results
- Evaluate and analyze client data to understand trends in all areas of the operation
- Development of options and recommendations for client improvement
- Collaborate with client revenue cycle team and other departments in order to facilitate resolution of process issues and implement world-class solutions
- Provide informed feedback to HealthRise and client executives including assessments of processes, standards, suggestions and improvements
- Develop work plans, project tasks and manage projects in accordance with budget
- Provide interim staffing services as required
A Director must have vast experience in project and/or program management. He/she must possess outstanding communication, listening and interpersonal skills and be comfortable directing or challenging clients and coworkers. The successful candidate will be able to establish credibility and rapport quickly with a broad set of partner and internal team members. He/she will have an understanding of the healthcare revenue cycle and will be able to drive strategic planning and change management activities in this area.
The ideal Director candidate represents and demonstrates our CORE VALUES:
- ALL IN– We all work collectively toward the same goal: brightening our company’s future.
- HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS– We are trustworthy and accountable, establishing strong, lasting bonds with our partners and each other.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT– We aim to improve every day, both personally and professionally.
- COMPETITIVE– We push and encourage each other to be the best, knowing our team becomes stronger when we strive for greatness together.
- EXCELLENCE– We aspire to get it right every time, delivering professional, high quality results.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- 10+ years project management and preferably recent PM experience in Epic based projects
- 10+ years experience in hospital revenue cycle environment
- 5-7+ years consulting in a healthcare management related field
- Epic expertise within the continuum of revenue cycle
- Solid understanding of revenue cycle workflow in the hospital environment (registration, scheduling, coding, billing, contracting)
- A high degree of self-motivation, versatility and flexibility
- In-depth knowledge of the complete healthcare revenue cycle
- Ability to work closely with groups outside of your organization/control (i.e. consultants or clients)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
“Leadership believes – and actively demonstrates – that the people of HealthRise are the cornerstone of sustained growth and client satisfaction. Working here is electric.”
– Laura Stocks, Manager
“Every day, my team and I develop innovative solutions to meet our partners’ unique needs. I am challenged to think differently and consistently improve my skills and gain experience through the process. My work with the Volunteer Committee fills my need to be a part of a company that cares.”
– Emily Smith, Manager
“The minute I walk through the door at HealthRise, I feel the energy and enthusiasm this team has for each other and the work they do. I’m happy to not be in a cube crunching numbers. Instead, I am in the field, working with partners, building relationships and coming up with new solutions every day.”
-Ian Sullivan, Analyst
Driven to succeed? Here’s more Fuel.
Watch practical, inspired snippets from HealthRise CEO David Farbman, who talks about career challenges, how to face them down and ultimately come out stronger. Each video is two minutes or less and could be just the fuel you need to spark your own success.